Poetry World Building: Episode One
What is a world? For this conversation anything bounded: a solar system, a cell, a company, a pond.
(references: Carnap, the phenomenologists, the set theorists, and people like Gabriel Markus who says worlds do not exist.)
- Step 1:
- Give your world a name, categories like plants, animals, chemicals, colors, etc.
- Give your world items in those categories: 4 names of plants, 3 names of chemicals.
- Step 2:
- Populate your world. You have 4 animals now write what those four animals are.
- Click the Generate Probabilities button. This will determine what items are in which world... kinda -its wonky - like our own world
- Step 3:
- Write your world. This could also be called poetry or fiction or something new.
- You can also clone another world and base your writing on that. In the programming biz we also call this forking. But I like to think of it as perhaps different bards telling different reditions of the same tale.